Dedicated to Your Success
For over 30 years Bob has personally worked with and observed top-level executives. And he has been an executive himself: As the COO of a high-precision optics company, a senior vice president of a Fortune 500 broadband company, and a senior vice president in both consumer manufacturing and financial services companies, he’s learned what works, and what doesn’t. And he’s developed proven tools to focus thinking and get results.
His professional career has been sharply attuned to what enables executives to be successful. His goal has always been to improve executive effectiveness and business results.
Bob works on an advisory basis with executive clients, providing unrestricted access to him based on the scope and duration he and his client both agree is appropriate. The focus is on responding quickly to opportunities and issues as they arise, and he is available for both tactical and strategic feedback and insights. ,
High Value Whenever You Need It
- A sounding board about decisions that affect your people when it’s not appropriate to get their input.
- When you need an advisor to observe you in action and provide salient feedback.
- To help prepare for board meetings, organization communications, or discussions with your senior team.
- To think-through tough decisions, especially when under pressure.
- A source of objective, seasoned advice for higher-stakes leadership challenges.
The Benefits to You and Your Business
- Clarifying, communicating and implementing business strategy
- Aligning your organization with your strategy
- Improving your own leadership effectiveness
- Building accountability
- Raising morale and productivity
- Focusing on root causes of persistent issues
- Creating value by building competence in your team and organization
- Developing a high-performance, high-responsibility culture
- Developing a strong team at the top
- Improving how the organization performs as a whole
- Avoiding success plateaus
- Leading and accelerating organization change
- Increasing the value of your board
Typical Conversation Topics
- How do I get my global team aligned with our strategy and operating objectives?
- What actions are most productive in forging a strong executive team?
- What are the best steps to maximize return on talent?
- How can I foster a culture of innovation?
- How do I deal with a key person who doesn’t seem to want to buy-in?
- What actions will increase accountability?
- What is the best way to communicate a particular message through the organization?
- How can I improve delegation so that I can invest more time on my challenges?
- How can I know if retention might become an issue — what warning signs should I look for?
- What’s a great approach for our strategy sessions this year?
- How should I structure sales incentives?
- How can I reduce the time I spend on operational issues?
- How can I reduce the time I spend in meetings?
- How can I personally become a stronger, more confident leader?
- How can I better manage my time and work-life balance?
- How can I get managers to be more focused on developing people?
- What are the best techniques to carve out more of my time for strategy and customers?
- How can I get the fun back in my job?